The INTESOL accredited 140 hour Certificate in TEFL with TP is the perfect option if you would like to gain an internationally recognised TEFL course online, yet still gain valuable teaching practice before going you start your first teaching job.
You can be anywhere in the world to take your teaching practice as we’re the only TEFL course provider that gives you the opportunity to do an online teaching practice or submit by video! All this for an amazingly affordable price.
When you begin teaching English abroad some, if not all, of your classes will involve teaching young learners.
This TEFL course includes a module on teaching young learners, so you’ll be fully equipped with the skills that are in high demand by TEFL employers worldwide. You’ll learn the best ways to make classes fun and engaging for both you and your students, ensuring that your experience is a rewarding one.
Do you want to see the world? This is your passport!
Get an English teaching job anywhere in the world.
Why THIS online TEFL course?
- You can study this TEFL course online from your desktop, laptop or mobile device whenever and wherever you want. There are no set start dates and you have as long as you like to complete the course. You have the freedom and flexibility to fit your TEFL studies around your lifestyle. You can even study on the beach!
- This 140 Hour TEFL with TP contains a module on teaching English to young learners. This additional knowledge will not only be invaluable to you when you begin teaching, it also means you’ll be able to demonstrate specific skills that are in high demand by TEFL employers. We’ll make sure you stand out from the crowd!
- No need to miss out on valuable teaching practice. Learn impressive techniques for teaching online and offline by taking your INTESOL online teaching practice.
- INTESOL Worldwide has been training TEFL teachers for over 28 years and is well known and respected in the TEFL industry. This means your TEFL certification will be instantly recognised internationally as being of excellent quality.
- The 140 Hour TEFL with TP course is externally accredited, meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinised externally to meet industry standards. This means you can be sure you’ll participate in a fruitful learning experience.
- Your tutor will be an experienced teacher holding a Diploma in TESOL as a minimum qualification (many have a Masters in TESOL). They will offer you all the support and feedback you need to succeed to the best of your ability.
- INTESOL Worldwide has a strong network internationally with branches all over the world, including Japan, Vietnam, India, Russia and many more. Not to mention the multitude of relationships we have developed with EFL schools and recruiters in TEFL employment hotspots. We’re well placed to help you find the best teaching jobs.
The 140 Hour Certificate in TEFL with TEYL and TP is accredited by ALAP (Awarding Language Acquisition for Professionals), a UK based Awarding Organisation. ALAP is an accrediting organisation that specialises in the ELT industry.
ALAP is supported by an esteemed Academic Panel who are all experts in the field of English Language Teaching. The ALAP panel oversee matters related to academic quality, ensuring that the value of an ALAP Certificate is upheld.
TEFL Course Aims
The overall aim of the 140 hour Certificate in TEFL with TP is to provide a thorough introduction to TEFL theory and practice and prepare you for teaching in the real world.
No prior qualifications or experience are required. Fluent English, determination and willingness to learn are all you need.
TEFL Course Structure
Within twenty four hours of enrolling in your online TEFL course you will receive your login details for the INTESOL Online Campus. The online element of the TEFL course consists of five units (a total of eleven modules). Each module has a lesson that you will study at your own pace and an assignment that you will submit for grading by your tutor. When your assignment has been graded you will receive a notification by email and be able to view your grade, plus any guidance and feedback, on the campus. If you happen to fail a module, don’t worry, you will be given the opportunity to re-submit your assignment after a little extra coaching.
There are no final examinations. As soon as your last assignment has been graded you will be able to view your final grade. Your final grade is calculated by taking the average of your ten grades for the ten assessed modules. This will be the grade shown on your Certificate in TEFL.
Online Teaching Practice or Video Submission
Two low cost, time effective TP formats are available with INTESOL courses which include teaching practice.
When you have completed the theoretical component of your course contact the Course Director to discuss TP options open to you.
INTESOL TP options make completing your course as flexible as possible so that you can quickly start applying for work.
Unit 1: Study Skills
(not assessed) – how best to organise your study time.
Pre Module Grammar
Self-assessed tasks with answers provided to help with Unit 2 The Study of English.
Unit 2: The Study of English
Module 1 – Grammar – tasks on the understanding of grammar, tense & structure – to be completed with the use of a grammar book.
Module 2 – Phonetics – tasks relating to the phonetic alphabet(given), stress & intonation.
Module 3 – Lexis – tasks relating to the presentation of vocabulary, compound words, word stems, language appropriacy & frequency.
Unit 3: The Teaching and Learning of ESOL
Module 1 – Basic Principles – answers from your own experience and the course materials on:
- the blocks which may prevent learning
- communicative competence.
Module 2 – Reading and Listening – tasks based on exploitation of authentic materials i.e. magazines, newspapers, radio broadcasts etc.
Module 3 – Speaking and Writing – tasks based as above but with a more productive bias – getting your students to produce language
Module 4 – Visual Aids – study of all the audio-visual aids available. Production of your own flashcards and aids to be used with a simple flannelgraph.
Module 5 – Error – looking at authentic student errors, classifying them, using a correction code, producing remedial exercises and improving your own practice.
Unit 4: Lesson Planning
Module 1 – Classroom Management – task relating to student teacher relationships and how to achieve genuine communication inside and outside the classroom.
Module 2 – Lesson Stages and Plans – putting all the above into a lesson; timing; warm-up; input; practice and production stages of your lessons.
BONUS UNIT: Young Learners (not assessed)
Subjects covered in this unit are:
- Differences between the ways in which adults and children learn
- Features in the stages of development of Young Learners
- Classroom management strategies for use in the Young Learners classroom
- Teaching techniques for use with Young Learners
Unit 6: Teaching Practice
Unit 7: Teaching Practice
Observed, assessed teaching & feedback sessions.
Award of Certificate
Certificates are graded as follows:
A1 – Distinction
A2 – Excellent
B1 – Very Good
B2 – Good
C – Pass
Duration of the TEFL Course
The length of time it takes to complete the TEFL with TP course depends on your other commitments. There are approximately 140 hours of work in the online TEFL course, including online teaching practice/video submission. As a general guideline most students complete the online TEFL course in approximately 8 weeks, but you have as long as you like to complete your course.
What’s included in your TEFL course fee?
Graded TEFL certificate direct from the awarding body
Course Transcript direct from the awarding body
Personal tutor support
Proven techniques that will make you a confident teacher
Security of gaining an internationally recognised qualification
Job guidance and support
Please note: There are no set start dates and you have as long as you like to finish your course. You decide when you start. You will be given a username and password to access your course.